It’s Belt Testing Time
This means that you are on center stage and you have the opportunity to show what you have spent months learning. Visualize your perfect form, strong stance, crisp kicks, graceful movements and awesome self-defense techniques.
We have high expectations of our students and only promote them to higher belt ranks when they have mastered the content necessary of the applicable belt and are ready to advance. This instills a sense of accomplishment when belts are earned.
The Martial Arts Ranking System Builds Confidence.
Each time you take the belt test, you demonstrate that you understand and can execute the required minimum basics to meet your new belt level.
Each time you test, you reaffirm your past knowledge and display your rrecently acquired knowledge and skills. At the end of the test… celebrate! It builds your confidence and self esteem and you deserve it. Display your new knowledge, build upon your confidence level, one step or one rank at a time.
How can I pass my belt testing?
Every level has a different goal and focus, you must demonstrate understanding of the applicable form and its relationship to self defense. We have high expectations for our students and will only promote a student when he or she has demonstrated sufficient proficiency in five categories:
- Traditional Forms
- Basic Skills
Before Testing for a Color Belt
- Make sure you have mastered all substantive requirements for your belt level.
- Wait for instructor approval to pre-test.
- Submit your pre-test application to the front office.
- Upon approval, the instructor will schedule a test date.
- Pay test fee to the front office before belt testing.
- Confirm promotion test date, time and place.
- Wear a clean uniform (including your belt) for your testing.
- Be prompt to the test. You will NOT be allowed to test if you are late.
NOTE: Please set up an evaluation progress check-up conference with your Instructor at least one week prior to testing if your current program has expired.